The Mountain Meadow Mix is a blend of native and non-native perennial grasses designed for 7,500 ft elevation and higher. It has a selection of grasses that typically grow 2 – 3 feet tall and provide a diverse looking meadow. Whether you are trying to attract wildlife to an area or restore a field or meadow the Mountain Meadow Mix is an excellent all purpose grass mix for higher elevations. The recommended planting rate is 15 – 20 lbs per acre or 1 lb per 1000 sq ft.
30% Slender Wheatgrass
25% Mountain Brome
15% Kentucky Bluegrass
15% Perennial Rye
- Purpose: Pasture, Aesthetics, Browse/Forage, and High Elevation
- Latin Name:
- Zone: 3 and 4
- Height: 15 - 20 #/acre or 1 # /1000 sq ft.
- Flower Seeds:
- Grass Seeds: Mountain Brome, Perennial Rye - Forage Type, Slender Wheatgrass, and Timothy
- Turf Types:
- Sun/Shade Tolerance: 1 - Very Sunny
- Cool/Warm: Cool
- Min. Precipitation: 16" - 18"
- Seeds Per Pound:
- Native/Introduced: Mixed
- Annual/Perrenial: Perennial
- Bloom Period:
- Planting Rate: 15 - 20 #/acre or 1 # /1000 sq ft.
- Cold Hardiness: Hardy
Southwest Seed is happy to help. Please feel free to call or email us for more information about our products and services. Before you get in touch, you might take a look at our Planning Guide. It has information that you can gather prior to contacting us so that we can efficiently answer your questions.