The Centennial Mix was designed for Centennial Park in Cortez. This is a premium grass lawn mix created for high traffic. It uses a variety of Kentucky Bluegrass species bred for superior color, disease resistance and early establishment. Like most grass lawn mixes you put a lot more seed on the ground than other plantings to ensure that you get a thick lush continuous lawn. This does mean that the lawn relys upon you for fertilizer and water. Plant the seed at a depth of 1/8″ to 1/4″ and pack the top soil back on top of the seed.
- 85% Blend of Kentucky Bluegrasses
- 15% Perennial Rye
- Purpose: Aesthetics
- Latin Name:
- Zone: 3, 4, 5, and 6
- Height: 4-7 lbs/1000 sq ft
- Flower Seeds:
- Grass Seeds:
- Turf Types: Kentucky Bluegrass and Perennial Ryegrass
- Sun/Shade Tolerance: 1 - Very Sunny
- Cool/Warm: Cool
- Min. Precipitation: 30" - 40"
- Seeds Per Pound:
- Native/Introduced: Introduced
- Annual/Perrenial: Perennial
- Bloom Period:
- Planting Rate: 4-7 lbs/1000 sq ft
- Cold Hardiness: Hardy
Southwest Seed is happy to help. Please feel free to call or email us for more information about our products and services. Before you get in touch, you might take a look at our Planning Guide. It has information that you can gather prior to contacting us so that we can efficiently answer your questions.