Perennial Rye is a fast growing, bunch grass with dark green, fine leaves. Perennial Rye is an irrigated turf, however due to its deep roots once it has been established, it requires less frequent watering than traditional Kentucky Bluegrass lawns. Perennial rye can be mowed very short giving a golf course look. Perennial rye looks like Kentucky Bluegrass making it a good mix or as a stand alone lawn.
- Perennial Rye – Turf Type
- Purpose: Aesthetics
- Latin Name:
- Zone: 4, 5, 6, and 7
- Height: 8-10 lbs/1000 sq ft
- Flower Seeds:
- Grass Seeds:
- Turf Types: Perennial Ryegrass
- Sun/Shade Tolerance: 1 - Very Sunny
- Cool/Warm: Cool
- Min. Precipitation: 25" - 35"
- Seeds Per Pound:
- Native/Introduced: Introduced
- Annual/Perrenial: Perennial
- Bloom Period:
- Planting Rate: 8-10 lbs/1000 sq ft
- Cold Hardiness: Hardy
Southwest Seed is happy to help. Please feel free to call or email us for more information about our products and services. Before you get in touch, you might take a look at our Planning Guide. It has information that you can gather prior to contacting us so that we can efficiently answer your questions.