The Native Eco Mix is a perennial, native tall grass mix for elevations 7,500 and higher. Similar to the Mountain Meadow mix, this is designed to attract wildlife and/or create a meadow effect. It can easily grow to 2 1/2 feet tall. This mix can be used when all native species are desired or required by regulating agencies. It does contain 10% Blue Flax, a pretty blue flower that establishes easily.
35% Slender Wheatgrass
35% Mountain Brome
10% Bluebunch Wheatgrass
10% Canada Wildrye
10% Blue Flax
- Purpose: Pasture, Aesthetics, Browse/Forage, and High Elevation
- Latin Name:
- Zone: 3 and 4
- Height: 15 - 20 #/acre or 1 # /1000 sq ft.
- Flower Seeds: Lewis Flax
- Grass Seeds: Bluebunch Wheatgrass, Canada Wildrye, Mountain Brome, and Slender Wheatgrass
- Turf Types:
- Sun/Shade Tolerance: 1 - Very Sunny
- Cool/Warm: Cool
- Min. Precipitation: 16" - 18"
- Seeds Per Pound:
- Native/Introduced: Native
- Annual/Perrenial: Perennial
- Bloom Period:
- Planting Rate: 15 - 20 #/acre or 1 # /1000 sq ft.
- Cold Hardiness: Hardy
Southwest Seed is happy to help. Please feel free to call or email us for more information about our products and services. Before you get in touch, you might take a look at our Planning Guide. It has information that you can gather prior to contacting us so that we can efficiently answer your questions.